The best task of moving heavy items is very stressful. Well, that is why you need to opt for extenders. The truck bed extenders are easy to install to your vehicle. Plus, they can help you to move large loads easily without any hassle. It is designed for all the carrying purposes of the pickup trucks. Without a fail, it will keep everything in an exact position and still assure safety.
However, many things need to be confirmed before you purchase it. You need to be sure about its compatibility, construction and several other things. Hence, we are reviewing the best truck bed extenders online. So clear your confusion anytime.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Truck Bed Extenders Reviews
- 10. ECOTRIC Pickup Truck Bed Hitch Extenders – Extension Rack Canoe Boat Kayak Lumber
- 9. MaxxHaul Hitch Mount Truck Bed Extenders for Ladder, Rack, Canoe & Kayak
- 8. Spurtar Black Aluminum Truck Bed Extenders – Tailgate Extension for Pickup Trucks
- 7. AMP Research Black HD Max Truck Bed Extender
- 6. SUNCOO Pickup Truck Bed Hitch Extender – Adjustable Steel Extension Rack
- 5. LUND Hitch Mounted Truck Bed Extender
- 4. TN Gearsmith Heavy Duty Pickup Truck Bed Hitch Extension Extender Rack
- 3. 7BLACKSMITH Adjustable Steel Truck Bed Hitch Extender Extension Rack
- 2. Goplus Pick-up Truck Bed Extender
- 1. Genuine Ford 9L3Z-99286A40-C Bed Extender
Table of the Best Truck Bed Extenders Reviews
10. ECOTRIC Pickup Truck Bed Hitch Extenders – Extension Rack Canoe Boat Kayak Lumber
Now you can carry larger things easily with this extender from Ecotric. It lets you extend the bed capacity both in terms of length and weight without an issue. Also, it comes with a modular design that lets you break it down. You can also reassemble it without any trouble. It has been made from durable square metal tubes that are resilient enough for carrying heavy loads without any bends.
Use this extender, flip out the back and carry everything from ladders and supplies to other small vehicles. For attaching this to your truck you can fit it into 2-inch square hitch receivers or use an adapter if you have 1-¼ inch receivers.
- Has a decent load-bearing capacity of around 750 pounds or less.
- For compatibility with a wide range of trucks, it has an adjustable width that ranges from 29-inches to 49-inches.
- You can also adjust the truck bed extender height within 12-inches to 19-inches.
9. MaxxHaul Hitch Mount Truck Bed Extenders for Ladder, Rack, Canoe & Kayak
MaxxHaul has packed this mountable truck bed extender with brilliant features. As a result, make it a much more attractive product than most of the competition. It has a robust metal construction with square tubing that gives it strength and stability. You don’t even need to break a sweat for assembling this product.
It has holes drilled into the tubing and comes with quick-release levers that allow you to assemble and set it up within no time. When you don’t want to use it, you can simply collapse it down and store it in your truck within a very small space. You can even fold down the side arms so that you can have a mobile work area whenever you want
- It is powder-coated so that it is protected against natural elements
- Holes at precise intervals lets you adjust the width or height to your requirements
- Reflective tape increases safety by warning vehicles at the back
8. Spurtar Black Aluminum Truck Bed Extenders – Tailgate Extension for Pickup Trucks
Unlike most other manufacturers, Spurtar doesn’t make its universal truck bed extenders with iron or steel. They provide strength but are extremely heavy and susceptible to corrosion from dust and water. Instead, this bed extender is made from heavy-duty, but lightweight aluminium tubing. The rail design gives you plenty of room and security even when you don’t have things secured with straps.
The extra height prevents your supplies and cargo from getting flung out of the truck every time you hit the brake. With the help of this extender, you can get around 26-inch extension for your truck bed.
- The extender has been coated with black powder for protection against rain and dust.
- It is compatible with pickup trucks from various brands, including Ford, Nissan, Toyota, Ram and more.
7. AMP Research Black HD Max Truck Bed Extender
AMP Research provides you with the perfect upgrade for your pickup truck with this high-quality extender. Compared to other products from competing manufacturers, this one has a superior build quality and made with top of the line materials. It isn’t from heavy steel that makes you compromise the load-carrying capacity of your truck. Instead, it brings security and convenience at a bargain price and without any compromise.
Furthermore, it is from 6063 T6 aluminium alloy tubes that have exceptional yield and tensile strength that counts in the tens of thousands of PSI. You get stability and robust extension without adding much bulk. The rounded rectangular shape also works in favour of adding strength. To protect your investment against corrosion, it also has a powder-coated finish. With the 3 year warranty on this product, you can buy it without any worries.
- All black finish adds to the aesthetic charm.
- It is manufactured in the United States with high standards and supporting American jobs.
- The clamshell design has high torque resistance and can stand the sudden changes in acceleration without an issue.
6. SUNCOO Pickup Truck Bed Hitch Extender – Adjustable Steel Extension Rack
Suncoo brings you a product that has been manufactured from premium materials so that it can last you for years to come. The heavy-duty steel goes a long way in adding strength, stability, and reliability. For protecting it against rusting and other forms of corrosion Suncoo has also provided a thick layer of black coating on the square tubes. You won’t have any issues installing it to your truck either. It goes into the 2-inch hitch receivers and gives you more loading capacity.
You can also customize the extender according to the size of your load. If you are carrying large cargo, you can adjust the width from 28.7-inches to 47.6-inches for a better fit. Oversized cargo is never an issue with this extender in your truck. Finally, an impressive truck bed extenders weight capacity of over 700 pounds.
- For extra safety, you get flags and reflective tapes to alert other vehicles
- No need to carry extra tools for assembling this product or taking it down
- The quick-release pins are designed for extra convenience
5. LUND Hitch Mounted Truck Bed Extender
Lund never fails to impress with its top of the line hitch mount truck bed extender. It is from steel of high strength and has been forged well so that it can hold up to sudden changes in torque. You get a completely modular design. As a result, allows you to assemble all the parts without a hitch and bring the whole thing down with equal ease.
Also, you can always carry it in your truck since it takes very little space after collapsing. You don’t even need to add any bulk for tools. The quick-release pins do their job well to provide you with ample adjustments and assembly ease.
- Provides you extra 7-inches of ground clearance for road safety.
- For increased visibility, you get a free flag.
4. TN Gearsmith Heavy Duty Pickup Truck Bed Hitch Extension Extender Rack
MTN Gearsmith has designed this extender to be extremely safe and reliable when it counts. Due to its universal design, it fits perfectly within 2-inch hitch receivers and doesn’t pose any problems for assembly. You get quick release clevis pins that are designed to hold all components together and give you a toolless experience. No need to carry a bunch of heavy tools along with the extender and rest of the cargo.
Save the space and weight when you buy this truck bed extender. Don’t be fooled by its compact look since it can give you the immense load-bearing capacity of 750 pounds.
- The free orange safety flag increases visibility along with the reflective tapes after sundown.
- It weighs only 42 pounds that you can put up in anywhere.
- Premium steel construction makes it super strong and resistant to natural elements
3. 7BLACKSMITH Adjustable Steel Truck Bed Hitch Extender Extension Rack
This extender from 7Blacksmith allows you to get a 4-feet extension for your truck bed. That means large and longer cargo doesn’t need to be carried with less safety anymore. In total the extender also gives you distributed weight capacity of as much as 750 pounds. The extender also has reflective tapes at the back tube and on the sides so that it is fully visible during the night.
If that isn’t enough, you also get a free flag which is noticed from a long distance without any problems.
- For rapid assembly and to take the structure down you get quick-release pins
- Tubes have equidistant holes for width and height adjustment.
- You get as many as 4 quick-release clevis pins that will make assembly as well as disassembly pretty easy.
2. Goplus Pick-up Truck Bed Extender
Goplus has crafted this incredible extender from heavy-duty steel that can stand the test of time. It certainly doesn’t lose out in terms of strength when compared to the rest of the competition. You can use it whenever you want irrespective of the weather condition since it is naturally corrosion resistant and the black coating adds further protection.
With this extender, you would be able to load all kinds of cargo on your truck, from long lumber and ladders to large racks and kayaks. It provides great weight distribution and can carry around 750 pounds of load without an issue. To install it you simply need to fit it into the 2-inch hitch receiver or use a hitch adapter for receivers with a narrow width.
- The complimentary safety flag increases visibility after dark.
- Simple design that is easy to assemble.
- Great adjustability both in terms of height and width.
1. Genuine Ford 9L3Z-99286A40-C Bed Extender
With this, you get unmatched customization and adaptability. This extender is used for pickup trucks from most popular manufacturers including Ford. You can use it outside the tailgate for an extra 18-inches of cargo-carrying space. However, with an inside flip, it will help in a more secure placement of the cargos.
The U-shaped design is superior compared to the T-shape. Moreover, it gives you maximum carrying space without risking safety at the sides.
- The cage flips are of black fibreglass that further has polypropylene reinforcement for long use.
- Super light at just 25 pounds.
- There will be no complaints regarding its built as it has a construction that strictly follows industry standards.
So, put even the heaviest cars in these heavy-duty truck bed extenders and keep the people surrounding your trucks safe. This is something you can’t say no to.