Nothing feels great like dipping yourself in a cold swimming pool after a long weary day during hot summer. However, after you have thoroughly designed and completed the construction of your modern pool another task lies ahead – Cleaning. Pools should be cleaned regularly to get rid of murky water, remove dissolved and undissolved impurities and maintain the right pH levels so as to offer uncompromised swimming experience. Well, you cannot stand the risk of swimming in a dirty pool lest you find yourself in an awkward health situation by using sand filter pumps.
Do not, therefore, feed your swimming pool with unnecessary chemicals just to get to the mark. Instead, get yourself the quality sand filter pumps, especially for those that are tired of replacing cartridges. With so many pool cleaning devices out there, landing on the best model isn’t a straightforward process. Fortunately, we have reviewed the Best Sand Filter Pumps available in the market today. Check them out and make the right decision.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Sand Filter Pumps Reviews
- 10. Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Aboveground Pools
- 9. Sand Master Soft Sided Above Ground Pool Sand Filter System
- 8. Intex Sand Filter Pump, 3000 Gallon
- 7. Intex Krystal Clear 1500 GPH Sand Filter Pumps and Saltwater System
- 6. XtremepowerUS Sand Filter with 3100GPH 3/4 HP Pool Pump
- 5. Harris H1572230 Vortex 24″ Sand Filter System with 1.5 HP Pump
- 4. Pro 13” Sand Filter for Swimming Pool, 2400GPH
- 3. Hayward Series 30 GPM Sand Filter System – VL40T32
- 2. Goplus New Pro 13-Inch Above Ground Pool Sand Filter Pump
- 1. Intex 2650 GPH Sand Filter Pump Plus Saltwater System
Table of the Best Sand Filter Pumps Reviews
10. Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Aboveground Pools
The Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump is one of the most popular models and there are many reasons you may consider this system. It will thoroughly clean aboveground pools that are 16’ and above. Most adorable is the fact that this model requires virtually no maintenance with the exception of sand replacement done after every five years. With the all-natural sand and the six-function control valve, one can backwash, rinse, filter, recirculate, drain and even close the system.
The pump generates a flow rate of 3,000 gallons per hour while the system rate of 2450GPH provides excellent pool filtration. Another bonus feature is the built-in 24-hour timer that makes your work hassle-free. Plus, a strainer basket is included for convenient cleaning.
- Manufactured according to UL/CSA standards
- Features fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) and auto shut-off function
- Has two 1.5inches connector hoses
- Six-way valve
- Suitable for above ground pools 16’ and above
9. Sand Master Soft Sided Above Ground Pool Sand Filter System
The Sand Master Soft-Sided is another unit that will make a great choice for those with above ground pools of up to 9,600 gallons. Equipped with a powerful 20 GPM pump and 4-way multiport valves, this unit does a pretty decent job in cleaning pools. Installation is a breeze given the fact that this 12-inch Corrosion proof filter tank comes with a pump, two hoses, and all other necessary fittings. It runs on a 115V power source and is backed by a one-year warranty. Overall, this makes a great choice for soft-sided above ground pools.
- Four multiport valve system
- Powerful 20 GPM pump
- Runs on 115V
- Features a 12-Inch corrosion-proof filter tank
- The capacity of 42lbs of sand
8. Intex Sand Filter Pump, 3000 Gallon
Everybody gets tired with buying replacement filter cartridges every summer. Well, you can say goodbye to that tiring experience by buying the Intex Sand Filter Pump if your pool or spa is of medium size. It comes with a 0.95 horsepower pump and boasts a flow rate of 3000 gallons per hour. Enjoy 12-hour pool cleaning management courtesy of the 12-hour timer. Another amazing feature of this low-maintenance sand filter system is the GFCI Unit that also integrates the safety shut-off function.
Instead of wasting your bucks visiting spas, you could enjoy hassle-free pool management with Intex 3,000 Gallon Sand Filter Pump. This system is designed to UL standards and lasts about 5 years. For further guidance on the use of this pump, an operating manual is included.
- Safety shut-off function
- 12-Hour timer for convenient management
- Powerful 0.95 horsepower pump
- Suitable for medium-sized pools
- Includes skimmer basket
7. Intex Krystal Clear 1500 GPH Sand Filter Pumps and Saltwater System
If you are out there in the market looking for the easiest maintenance pool filtration system in the market, Intex Krystal Clear 1500 GPH Sand Filter makes a great choice. Look no further if your above ground pool has a capacity range of 2,600 to 8,500 gallons. This system has a powerful 0.5HP pump that achieves a system flow rate of 1,500GPH. Just like other models of Intex, this unit also boasts the ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) that prevents any serious damage in case of any fault.
Other robust features include the chlorine output of 7g/hr and two pieces of hoses. Moving on, this system also features a 24-hour timer that takes away pool cleaning management hassle. For a low maintenance system that will keep your pool clean and safe, this makes a great choice.
- Low cost and low maintenance system
- Features a 24-hour timer
- Require replacement after every 5 years
- Designed for above ground pools
- Suitable for pools from 2600 to 8500-gallon capacity
- Includes GFCI
6. XtremepowerUS Sand Filter with 3100GPH 3/4 HP Pool Pump
This is another excellent choice that never misses from the top ten best sand filter pumps. It is designed to be used with pools of up to 15, 000 gallons. Housed in one piece 16” tank, this model boasts dependable performance. Look no further if your priority is a sand filter pump that exposes pool water to maximum sand surface for optimal and consistent filtration and backwashing. Installation is pretty simple and takes less than 5 minutes. Plus, the 4-way valve and the low-noise design pushes this sand filter pump up the ranks. Another excellent aspect is the multiport filter that offers efficient back-washing boosting efficiency.
- Suitable for above ground pools of up to 15,000 gallons
- Multi-port filter
- Provides optimal filtration
- Four-way valve
- Perfect for inflatable above ground pools
5. Harris H1572230 Vortex 24″ Sand Filter System with 1.5 HP Pump
The Harris Vortex 24-iNch Sand Filter System is another outstanding sand filter system that will help improve your pool hygiene management. It comes with hydraulically balanced laterals in order to provide unmatched water filtration. It is recommended to use Zeosand or silica sand for optimal performance. The most distinctive aspect of this unit is the 7-position dial valve with flange clamp attachment for complete 360-degree rotation.
Kindly note that you will require 300lbs of sand and a filter area of 2.8 feet. Plus, this unit has a flow rate of 50GPM and is designed for use with above ground pools. Additionally, this system should be used with water at temperatures from 32 degrees to 113 degrees.
- Hydraulically balanced laterals
- 7-Position dial valve with 360-degree rotation
- Includes flange clamp attachment
- A flow rate of 50GPM
4. Pro 13” Sand Filter for Swimming Pool, 2400GPH
This is a fully functional above ground sand filter pool pump. It is suitable for swimming pools of up to 10, 000 gallons. Equipped with a self-priming pump plus a top-mounted 6-position multiport valve, this model provides quick and thorough filtration within hours. Running at a speed of 2400 GPH, this model exposes murky pool water to maximum sand surface for optimal filtration. Apart from being ETL and UL listed, this model is known to offer reliable performance.
The 13” sand filter uses 43lbs of sand and features a 4-way valve for better performance. Other prominent features include a 3-prong plug with an electric cable, connection hose, pressure gauge, and a system tray.
- CSA certified sand filter pump
- Perfect for above ground pools of up to 10, 000 gallons
- Includes a strainer basket
- Thermally protected pump
- Four-way valve
3. Hayward Series 30 GPM Sand Filter System – VL40T32
Known to offer the best of the best above ground equipment, Hayward VL Series makes an excellent option. If reliable performance and durable solid construction are your top priorities, you are in the right place. Moulded of corrosion-proof reinforced thermoplastic, this unitized tank will serve you for years with virtually no maintenance. Plus, the filter bases are also moulded from thermoplastic for long-lasting performance.
Moving on, this product has multi-position valves that optimize water flow at a lower pressure drop improving overall efficiency. Precisely aligned components allow for quick and easy assembly. For reliable management of your pool, Hayward is a reliable long-term solution.
- The reputable brand for over 80 years
- Employs cutting-edge technology
- Multi-position valves for maximum flow at low drop pressure
- Quick assembly
2. Goplus New Pro 13-Inch Above Ground Pool Sand Filter Pump
G Pro 13-Inches Sand Pump Filter System is yet another model that couldn’t miss in our top 10 list. It is loaded with several robust features and will last several years of service. It is designed to be used with above ground pools. For excellent filtration, it has a quality 13” sand filter tray four-way valve connection system and can tackle pools of up to 10, 000 gallons. Unlike in other models, G Pro boasts a self-priming pump providing reliable durability.
Plus, the never-rust blow-moulded PE tank is designed to provide optimal flow rates. Other robust features include the fully integrated sand filter and the included thermal-protected strainer basket. Overall, this is a perfectly engineered sand filter pump that will do a pretty decent job in cleaning above ground pools.
- An efficient sand filter system
- Four-way valve
- High flow rate
- Includes strainer basket
- Quality material construction
- Self-priming pump
1. Intex 2650 GPH Sand Filter Pump Plus Saltwater System
Take your pool management a level higher with the popular Intex 2650 GPH Sand Filter Pump System. It is one of the top-favourite pumps loaded with several precious features. You can confidently consider this machine if you own an above ground pool with a capacity range of 4,800 – 15,000 gallons. Equipped with an ultra-powerful 0.95HP motor, this machine can pump water at a flow rate of 2650GPH. Another impressive aspect is the 6-way filter valve that eliminates the need to carry out frequent maintenance. Intex also gives you the option to rinse, backwash, filter, drain, recirculate, etc. It is pretty simple to use and make a difference this
- Includes two suction hoses
- The flow rate of 2150GPH
- Suitable for pools with a capacity of between 4800 to 15000 gallons
- The 6-Way filter valve system
- Powerful 0.95HP motor