In order to make sure you are always safe and sound around all the machines you use, you need to have the right kind of devices as well. To keep yourself away from risks of gas leaks, Refrigerant leak detectors are a must-have. Although these devices cannot detect all sorts of gases, the solution is always there. If you have halogenated gases to deal with, you will be able to find out using these.
As safety cannot be ignored, these refrigerant leak detector brands have always put that as their top-most priority. So, know about the different options and how good they are through our article.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Refrigerant Leak Detectors Reviews
- 10. Inficon Refrigerant Leak Detectors – Model: 705-202-G1
- 9. Elitech ILD-200 Refrigerant Leak Detectors – Halogen Leakage Tester Checker
- 8. Elitech ILD-200NEW Refrigerant Leak Detectors
- 7. Elitech WJL-6000 Gas Freon Leak Detector HVAC R22 R410A R134A R1234YF CFCs HCFCs HFCs Detector
- 6. INFICON D-TEK Select Refrigerant Leak Detector
- 5. Elitech LD-100 Gas Leak Detector – Car HVAC Leak Detector – Freon Leak Detector
- 4. Robinair TIFXL-1A Refrigerant Leak Detector
- 3. LS-PRO Refrigerant Leak Detector for Halogens freons R22 R134a R410a R502 R12 R404a R407
- 2. Klein Tools ET120 Gas Leak Detector – Combustible Gas Leak Meter
- 1. Elitech CPU-1G Refrigerant Leak Detector – HVAC Leak Detector Freon Leak Detector CFCs HCFCs HFCs
Table of the Best Refrigerant Leak Detectors Reviews
10. Inficon Refrigerant Leak Detectors – Model: 705-202-G1
In order to protect your refrigerant in the long run, you need something that can detect leaking as soon as it starts happening. Firstly, it comes with a sensitivity of 0.25oz/year. All kinds of refrigerants ranging from CFC to HCFC, HFC, and even HFO, this can detect all kind in case of leaks. If you are not sure how effective this is, the machine features a proven heated diode sensor. Hence, can always do the leak checking.
In addition to that, this rechargeable refrigerant leak detector has a good sensor life of 100 hours. It offers simple operation and you can work with this well enough.
- Smart and innovative, this detector assures no hassles of false alarms that come from soap solutions.
- The background adjustment or zeroing is automatic on this leak detector.
- As it runs on two D cell alkaline batteries, you can always take this around places of your choice.
9. Elitech ILD-200 Refrigerant Leak Detectors – Halogen Leakage Tester Checker
If you are looking for a technologically-advanced portable refrigerant leak detector, you will be amazed at how amazing this is. Having the modern-day infrared sensors, the machine offers a sensor life close to 10 years. It means this is a one-time investment for your works. Unlike heat diode and corona sensors, this can trigger as soon as it detects all kinds of halogenated refrigerants.
In order to make sure you have complete convenience, this one also has 3 levels of sensitivity to choose from. The maximum sensitivity this can offer is 0.14oz/yr.
- Comes with a TFT screen, you will get all information on the screen. This ranges from leakage to sensitivity, and even battery levels.
- Has a peak button so that you can mark the maximum leakage value for future reference.
- It offers 3 months of return or exchange policy if you are not happy you can send it back.
8. Elitech ILD-200NEW Refrigerant Leak Detectors
Coming from one of the most reliable brands working with refrigerants, this leak detector from Elitech has got all the latest features. Use it for detecting all halogenated refrigerants and even the CFC blends. Fast response time of 3 seconds and an extremely low warm-up time of 6 seconds make this one of the fastest operating detectors. The maximum sensitivity offered by this is a good 0.21oz/year.
With 7 different adjustability levels of sensitivity, you can make the right selection when using this accurate refrigerant leak detector.
- A gas leak can is indicated by both audio and visuals so that you have no doubt to work with.
- The flexible 7.9-inches probe allows for gas leak detection even from the hard to reach areas.
- Very convenient, there are 7 adjustable sensitivities on this detector.
7. Elitech WJL-6000 Gas Freon Leak Detector HVAC R22 R410A R134A R1234YF CFCs HCFCs HFCs Detector
Having a refrigerant leak halogen detector like this means you will have no associated risks or accidents to worry about. Anything goes wrong; this can quickly detect it and let you know. Designed for detecting all sorts of halogenated refrigerants, everything from CFC to HCFC blends can be detected using this. Also, this small device is quite advanced and modern in the way it works. You will get 7 adjustable sensitivities to choose from while the maximum sensitivity it gas to offer is 0.21oz/year.
What’s better, it comes with the benefits of audio and visual gas leak indicators along with a dual battery indicator? Buy this with confidence as it is backed by a 24/7 US technician support.
- Fast response time of 3 seconds along with a warm-up time of 6 seconds for faster working.
- The flexible probe of 7.9-inches allows you to detect leakage in hard to reach areas as well.
- This will certainly give accurate readings for your own benefit.
6. INFICON D-TEK Select Refrigerant Leak Detector
Yet another excellent automatic refrigerant leak detector, this is an extraordinary detector that will do all the work for you. Do not have to worry about what it can detect because the advanced sensors inside the device are designed for sensing CFC, HCFC, HFC, and even HFO. Quite convenient, this detector uses field-replaceable infrared sensors that have a working life of about 1000 hours.
Also, the overall design and make is to ensure worry-free usage for the longest time to come. As it uses a high-performance filter, you can be sure you will not have to struggle with sensor contamination ever.
- Has automatic and manual zero modes for more ease of usage and convenience.
- Well-designed for the purpose, you stay sure of the sensitivity of the detector will not degrade with time.
- Uses rechargeable NiHM batteries for consistent and effortless usage.
5. Elitech LD-100 Gas Leak Detector – Car HVAC Leak Detector – Freon Leak Detector
You will get 4 buttons so you can reset it fast, mute whenever needed, power on/off and adjust the sensitivity. Also, after you are done doing the necessary changes, you can see it all on the LED screen.
- Quite safe and risk-free, you can rely on this because it meets the EN14624 and SAE 1627 industrial standards.
- Enjoy high efficiency of detection, faster reaction, and faster recovery because this has a built-in air pump.
- Choose from the 6-grade adjustable sensitivities and this warms up in around 30 seconds and responds in about 3 seconds.
4. Robinair TIFXL-1A Refrigerant Leak Detector
This amazing leak detector promises a faster and more precise understanding of the leakage. It is undoubtedly one of the most modern and advanced choices of detectors as this features impressive Microprocessor-controlled circuitry. Combined with it is an advanced digital signal processing monitor, enjoy sensing tip at a range of 2K times/second.
In order to make sure you get the best kind of service along with assurance, the designers have placed the new sensing tip on a 14-inches long flexible probe. The probe has construction using stainless steel and has a liner for more reliability, sensitivity, and also durability.
- Use it without any risks or doubts because this gets CE approval along with UL classification.
- Smart variable frequency audible alarm for more surety when looking for leaks.
- Cordless battery-powered, use it without any stopping and keep it safe in the carry case.
3. LS-PRO Refrigerant Leak Detector for Halogens freons R22 R134a R410a R502 R12 R404a R407
This leak detector uses all the latest mechanism and items to make sure you have the best kind of service. Plus, you can always detect any leaks, no matter how small it is. Microprocessor controlled along with an advanced digital signal processing, this one has a semiconductor sensor for great results. You will be able to use this for the longest time to come as it uses a DC brushless fan on the inside. Also, it has the benefits of automatic zero and background compensation.
Capable of detecting all kinds of halogen-based compounds and gases, this is one device for all your refrigerants. The maximum sensitivity offered by this is 0.14oz/year.
- You can choose and adjust the sensitivity level to use it as per your needs.
- Has a fast warm-up time of 30 seconds and it turns itself off after 10 minutes of continuous running.
- Reach the tightest corners and complicated angles using the 15.5” flexible stainless steel probe.
2. Klein Tools ET120 Gas Leak Detector – Combustible Gas Leak Meter
Coming from Klein Tools store, this is a modern-day leak detector with a huge detection range of 50-10,000 ppm. Next, it has two different levels of sensitivity, one for values up to 1000 ppm and another for 10,000 ppm. Totally understands and detects any refrigerants, as soon as there is a gas leak, you can easily find it out using this detector.
Furthermore, the added convenience of 85dB audible alert keeps increasing with the increase in the concentration of the gas. As you move near, it will beep more rapidly.
- Thoughtfully-made the 18-inches flexible gooseneck on the leak detector aids in increased sensor reach.
- Have 5 red LEDs for visual confirmation in case of a gas leak.
- The convenience of automatic zero-point calibration as soon as you power it up.
1. Elitech CPU-1G Refrigerant Leak Detector – HVAC Leak Detector Freon Leak Detector CFCs HCFCs HFCs
Using a traditional coronal sensor along with a low-energy CPU, you will get more stable and faster triggers for any kind of halogenated refrigerant. The low warm-up time of 6 seconds is faster than most in the market. And this can respond in as low as 3 seconds. With a maximum sensitivity of 0.11 oz/year, this one has 7 different levels of sensitivity that you can adjust.
Finally, it is portable and cordless, as this is powered by 2 C alkaline batteries, you can use this almost anywhere.
- The 14-inches flexible stainless steel probe even has 3 extra sensing tips for more benefits.
- Uses a modular sensor that aids in easy maintenance of the device.
Innovation is a big factor when it comes to using devices on modern-day machines. To avoid the risks and accidents, we suggest you get hold of a refrigerant gas leak detector. So safety will always be your top priority.