No more of wasting a whole day doing all that hard work of separating logs manually. Whether you have a stove that burns wood or someplace else that needs wood, the log splitters will help you. Proving efficiency and increasing productivity, these splitters will eliminate the need of manual force. And so, less work to do. However, the productivity of the equipment differs with the type you choose.
In order to grant the consumers with deeper insight, the log splitter review will guide you. Know the details and have an insight into the differences.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Homemade Log Splitters Reviews
- 10. Powerhouse XM-380 7-Ton Electric Hydraulic Log Splitter
- 9. WEN 56207 6.5-Ton Electric Log Splitter with Stand
- 8. ALEKO 4-Ton Electric Wood Splitter Logsplitter
- 7. All Power America LS5T 5-Ton Electric Log Splitter – Portable Wood Cutter
- 6. Homelite UT49103 5-Ton Electric Log Splitter
- 5. RuggedMade 420cc 37-Ton Horizontal Gas Log Splitter
- 4. Powerhouse XM-580 9 Ton Electric Hydraulic Horizontal Log Splitter
- 3. YARDMAX YS0552 5 Ton Electric Log Splitter with Stand & Log Tray
- 2. PowerSmart PS90 Electric Log Splitter
- 1. Goplus 6 Ton Hydraulic Log Splitter with Mobile Wheels
Table of the Best Homemade Log Splitters Reviews
10. Powerhouse XM-380 7-Ton Electric Hydraulic Log Splitter
Powerhouse brings you an efficient and quick way to split all the logs. The product really justifies the brand name since it can deliver around 7-tons of power from its heavy-duty hydraulic ram. Even tough and dense log gets split easily with minimal effort. Traditional splitters rely on a gas engine. It means tons of money on changing engine oil, repairing spark plugs, cleaning air filters and much more.
However, the XM-380 uses electricity to power its hydraulic system. So you don’t have to incur heavy charges on engine maintenance. Also, one doesn’t need to deal with the extra emissions that pollute the environment and deteriorate your health. Getting this thing to work is easy as well. You don’t need to crank cords or pull heavy levers, just plug it in and start splitting some logs.
Hence, one doesn’t need to worry about its durability since it is mostly made from strong and high-quality steel. So you can use this reliable machine for many years to come. For such a powerful machine it doesn’t have a significant weight to put it in the bulky category. You can easily move it around the work area and use it according to your needs.
- Powerful 3 hp motor gives you all the power you need.
- The electric log splitter weighs just above 100 pounds.
- Can split over 100 logs within 60 minutes.
9. WEN 56207 6.5-Ton Electric Log Splitter with Stand
Most portable and lightweight log splitters have a major problem of being in the lower position. So you have strain your back all day leaving your back muscles sore and getting you fatigued quickly. But Wen brings to you an innovatively designed splitter which you can use near the ground level or standing up. You get a stand with this machine which pets you to raise the cradle up by 34-inches above the ground. So you get a comfortable position to work with the machine and are more productive.
As a matter of fact, the machine gives you a hydraulic power of 6.5 tonnes. Thus, it helps to split the logs in half without breaking a sweat. It features a powerful 15 amp motor which is more than enough to take care of most logs. However, they must be less than 20.5-inches long and has a diameter of 10-inches or less. It also comes with 5.5-inches so that you can easily manoeuvre the machine at your work area. Finally, the tires are designed with a material that would never go flat since they aren’t air-filled.
- Since it operates on electricity it doesn’t come with the high maintenance cost of machines gas-powered engines.
- Cylinder stroke of 14.75-inches gives you raw power to take care of toughest woods.
- Get best efficiency and short cycle times. Adjust the travel distance of the push plate with the adjustment ring.
8. ALEKO 4-Ton Electric Wood Splitter Logsplitter
Aleko has armed a reliable 1500-watt log splitter motor that can operate on your normal household electricity. It doesn’t need any form of expertise so you and your partner can both use it with minimum effort. With a ram force of 4 tons, it gives you firewood ready for use in no time.
Do you have logs of 22-inches in length or lower with a diameter of 15-inches or less? Then with this product, you will have no problems at all.
- A warranty period of one year.
- Weighs less than a hundred pounds.
- Superior construction from steel so that it lasts you for a long time.
7. All Power America LS5T 5-Ton Electric Log Splitter – Portable Wood Cutter
This portable log splitter can generate significant pressure up to 16 Mpa to split wood on a clean fashion. Having a 1500 watt motor, it generates enough power so that it can tackle most things you throw at it. A capacity of 5 ton, the 120V engine will enhance the performance.
Furthermore, the two-handed function eases up the whole log cutting process. Featuring a horizontal mount, the outer shell has a strong construction. However, the advantage of wheels adds to the portability of the product.
- Include handles from transporting it.
- Features a cycle time of half a minute.
- Tube shaped metal legs give great stability.
6. Homelite UT49103 5-Ton Electric Log Splitter
Homelite has made a compact machine which can be used by you anywhere at any time. It isn’t operated by gas and thus is not limited to just outdoor use. Plus, the inclusion of chunky wheels with two handle-grips allows you to take it around without any trouble.
Having a capacity of 5 tonnes, the CSA approved product enables two-handed operation. Can easily slice through logs having 10 to 11-inches diameter, it is an efficient product in all away. Lastly, the harmful emissions of gas will not bug you.
- Highly durable, thus longevity is guaranteed.
- 105 pounds in weight.
5. RuggedMade 420cc 37-Ton Horizontal Gas Log Splitter
This horizontal log splitter from RuggerMade is a true beast which can even take care of large sized jobs. Made from sturdy and durable materials it is powered by a 420cc beast of an engine. Hence, it produces 15 hp and generates 37 tonnes of splitting force.
Moreover, it even has a log lift which acts like a metal side arm and lifts up heavy logs. This lift has an impressive capacity of 300 pounds. On the other hand, the catcher tray receives the split pieces of wood so that you can stack them neatly.
- Huge 12-inch wheels for swift movement.
- Can handle logs that have dimensions lower than 30-inches in length and 24-inches in diameter.
- Strokes are adjustable for quicker cycle times with smaller logs.
4. Powerhouse XM-580 9 Ton Electric Hydraulic Horizontal Log Splitter
Another marvellous product from Powerhouse that is even more powerful and fit for tougher tasks. It uses a 4 horsepower electric motor. Hence, this means you don’t have to deal with the loud noise of gas engines or fuel emissions. It doesn’t have any problems like carburettor jams during the start and gives you a smooth experience.
Since it creates no emissions and low noise you can even use it indoors if it’s raining or cold outside. An efficient log-cutting experience, it is of 9-tonnes and has impressive performance.
- An improved hydraulic system almost doubles the torque.
- Even an amateur can operate it.
- Featuring a contemporary design, it is pretty rugged.
3. YARDMAX YS0552 5 Ton Electric Log Splitter with Stand & Log Tray
You need firewood for a good campfire or heating up your cabin. But with traditional log splitters and excruciating manual labour, all you get is frustration and lose precious time. Now with the Yardmax electric splitter, you won’t have to be bothered by any problems for getting firewood. It is very lightweight and super convenient to use. You don’t even need to have any experience in log cutting to operate this magnificent machine. Just plug it in and let the machine do its magic while you keep feeding it chunky logs.
Moreover, it’s quick and within just a few seconds the log gets split to provide you firewood for all your needs. It is also very versatile. Hence, you can use it on the elevated stand position or near the ground level whichever position is best. It has a wide log tray to hold your log in place. Also, a stroke limiter helps you to get the best performance with minimal resources and effort.
It uses 5 tonnes of ram force to split your logs irrespective of their high density. Due to its small size, you can also take it inside the house and use it during cold frigid winters.
- Cycle time for the short cylinder is 16 seconds.
- Two sturdy 7-inch wheels for effortless movement.
2. PowerSmart PS90 Electric Log Splitter
Powerart brings you a compact and affordable splitter that won’t take too much space and take care of firewood needs. It uses a 15 amp motor which produces a huge splitting force of 6 tons on the logs. So you can tame even the hard and rigid logs without any issues.
Involves the use of both hands, it promotes hydraulic mechanism. This portable product is enough to cut through even the most seasoned logs.
- Relatively short cycle spanning 22 seconds.
- An ultrafast motor at over 3450 RPM.
- Can handle logs with a diameter of 10-inches or less.
1. Goplus 6 Ton Hydraulic Log Splitter with Mobile Wheels
This log splitter from Goplus wouldn’t disappoint you. The problem with traditional log splitters is their transportability and large or heavy design. That makes it a gruelling task to place it inside the car or move it around. But Goplus has crafted their machine with a lot of ingenuity to make a compact, portable and lightweight machine. Thus, it efficiently splits out wood for all your needs.
Apart from its compact structure it also comes with wheels which are waterproof and handle with a strong grip. So you can manoeuvre it even though small puddles with just one hand. The highly powerful 1500 watt motor along with the hydraulic system produces massive ram force of 6 tonnes. As a matter of fact, it is more than enough to split up logs which are super tough. This machine even comes with a rating of IP54. Thus it makes it water-resistant to a certain degree. And even prevents rust formation or damage from natural elements like moisture and dust.
- Can handle logs with diameters ranging from 1.9-inches to 9.8-inches.
- The motor is capable of producing 3450 rotations per minute.
- Weighs around 102 pounds.
Start speeding up and cut a huge number of logs in a short span. Buy a log splitter to feel the difference.