Workplaces which need gas detectors include sewer plants, oil rigs, refineries and more. All of those are high-risk jobs in tough environments. So you need a device which is as tough as you and is relied on when it counts. The H2S monitors help you to keep a check on the gas level in order to avoid hassles. However, understanding the process and features that makes a product safe and sound is important. But how to differentiate? How can we know that the product you are planning to buy is the best one?
Well, we have come up with a list of best H2S monitors that are perfect for industrial as well as heavy-duty applications. Thus, know the best, choose the best.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best H2s Monitors Reviews
- 10. BW Technologies BWC2-H BW Clip H2S Monitors
- 9. MSA 10092521 ALTAIR Single Gas Detector – Hydrogen Sulfide H2S Monitors
- 8. Gas Clip Technologies MGC-S 4 Multi-Gas Clip 4-Gas Monitor – H2S, O2, CO, and LEL
- 7. BW Technologies GA24XT-H Extreme Portable Hydrogen Sulfide H2s Monitor
- 6. FORENSICS Basic MULTIGAS Detector & Meter – Sound, Light & Vibration Alarms
- 5. Forensics & BOSEAN MULTIGAS Detector O2, CO, H2S, LEL
- 4. BW Technologies MCXL-XWHM-Y-NA Gas Detector, CO, H2S, LEL and O2
- 3. Msa 10178557 Altair 4XR Multigas Detector – LEL, O2, H2S & CO, Charcoal
- 2. FORENSICS DETECTORS Hydrogen Sulfide H2S Monitors
- 1. Gas Clip Technologies MGC Multi-Gas Clip 4-Gas Monitor
Table of the Best H2s Monitors Reviews
10. BW Technologies BWC2-H BW Clip H2S Monitors
H2S is a really dangerous gas which is fatal if you aren’t aware and might harm your employees. This H2S monitor from BW Technologies can prevent that by letting you know about the H2S levels easily. It is certainly used in a wide variety of fields.
These include sewer treatment plants, oil refinery, oil rigs, disaster sites and on a lot of other high-risk jobs. Plus, the BWC2-H is a simple and robust unit with high-quality construction. Furthermore, this unit ships to you inactivated. As a result, it gives you a period of time to activate it with the press of a button. After that, this unit will run for two years and one can turn it off for safety reasons.
In fact, there is no need for H2S monitor calibration it or anything else. It doesn’t require any maintenance or a battery swap. Your employees can use it without any hassle for 2 years. To conserve battery life it also has hibernation mode.
- It keeps a log of the 35 latest gas events.
- Lightweight and simple to use design which displays you a lot of information.
- Gives you audio as well as a visual alarm too.
9. MSA 10092521 ALTAIR Single Gas Detector – Hydrogen Sulfide H2S Monitors
This device is one of the most affordable offerings from one of the best safety companies in the market. It is designed to detect H2s levels accurately in order to avoid any sort of mishaps. Next, the H2S monitor alarm systems are triggered as soon as preset levels are reached.
Other manufacturers make their disposable gas detectors deactivate after a 2 year period. However, MSAs device won’t be deactivated after the 2 year period. And works as long as sensors perform and it has battery capacity.
- IP67 rating indeed gives it high resistance against dust and water.
- The low alarm is triggered at 10ppm while 15ppm is the threshold for high alarm.
8. Gas Clip Technologies MGC-S 4 Multi-Gas Clip 4-Gas Monitor – H2S, O2, CO, and LEL
To start with, MGC-S from Gas Clip Technologies is a reliable and rugged 2-year disposable clip monitor. It can detect 4 gases that include hydrogen sulphide, oxygen, carbon monoxide and LEL. The device comes with its own calibration certificate. Hence, you certainly can stay worry-free and also ships with a bump test calibration adapter. No need to charge or change batteries. After being activated, it would continuously run for 2 years to give you a smooth experience. Moreover, you don’t need to track that period yourself either since it displays you that information.
At the top of the display, it has a countdown which starts at 24 and decreases in the count with every month. The display also clearly shows you information regarding 4 gases and informs you the moment it detects unsafe levels. Under the H2S monitor display, there are two slots. This advanced gas detector is probably the easiest device to use that you would come across in the modern day.
Above all, it is operated with just a single button. It displays you the settings, logs and more depending on the push frequency.
- Doesn’t require any sort of maintenance or calibration.
- High-quality LEL sensor that won’t get damaged in the face of silicone poison or H2S.
- It rather detects LEL gas levels while other gas detectors are down at the bottom of the instrument.
7. BW Technologies GA24XT-H Extreme Portable Hydrogen Sulfide H2s Monitor
This portable H2S monitor from BW Technologies has three types of alarm. It would alert you no matter what you are doing or the kind of environment you are in. Next, it has sound and light which beep and flash when as soon as preset conditions are met. If you miss that due to headphones or visual distraction it also has a powerful motor. In fact, it will vibrate to let you know about the gas levels.
As a matter of fact, the alpha-numeric LCD display on which you can set the gas you are planning to monitor. With a single press of a button, it starts functioning as well as adjustments are made.
- Powered by a lithium battery.
- Has operational life of 2 years after activation.
- Rather perfect for industrial level as well as government applications.
6. FORENSICS Basic MULTIGAS Detector & Meter – Sound, Light & Vibration Alarms
This brand brings a simple to use but highly efficient gas detector and monitor those use sensors manufactured in the UK. These sensors are manufactured with the highest standards, boast supreme quality and are electrochemical in nature. The sensors are placed in the front and are capable of detecting 4 types of gases. They can measure oxygen levels, carbon monoxide levels, H2S and even gases with are easily combustible(LEL).
In addition to that, you rather don’t need to worry about calibration since they come already calibrated from the factory. So as soon as you get these in hand, you can just start them and they are ready for use. Finally, it has three forms of alarm which alert you immediately as soon as the sensors detect unsafe gas concentrations.
- The robust design certainly makes it waterproof and dustproof with an IP65 rating
- Anti-slip body cause of the rubber-made body.
- Audible alarms keep the users informed.
5. Forensics & BOSEAN MULTIGAS Detector O2, CO, H2S, LEL
Another marvellous creation from Forensics Detectors that can indeed detect four types of gases faster than most other devices. Firstly, it also has a high-resolution LCD screen which displays a lot of info including graphing, time, temperature and menu. This gives you a lot more value over time and can be recharged via micro USB port.
Moreover, it is created for tough situations with high-quality materials. Lastly, it is waterproof, dustproof and shockproof. So you can buy it without any worries.
- As many as 500 alarm logs are easily stored on it.
- The colour display rather makes it interesting to work with.
- Repels dust, water as well as creates no explosion.
4. BW Technologies MCXL-XWHM-Y-NA Gas Detector, CO, H2S, LEL and O2
BW Technologies lets you do everything with just one button. The LCD screen shows in clear detail the concentration levels of 4 types of gases. Plus, triggers the alarm if it crossed a safe value which is preset into the machine. The alarm system is also comprehensive with green lights, vibration and sound to alert you the moment something is wrong.
The product is lightweight, thin and feels comfortable on the hand. It rather facilitates in ease of operation and hence, is user-friendly. Therefore, you can check battery level, calibration status and everything else on the LCD screen.
- The device’s weight is 6 ounces.
- Can detect CO, H2S, O2 and combustible gases.
3. Msa 10178557 Altair 4XR Multigas Detector – LEL, O2, H2S & CO, Charcoal
Here are absolute safety and one of the most rugged and shockproof gas detectors. Other than incredibly high-quality sensors, your device also needs to be capable of withstanding rough use. The 4 sensors on this device detect CO, O2, LEL and H2S levels. Next, it can withstand 25 drops from an elevation of 1.2 metres. However, it is so efficient that you would be able to detect gas twice as fast than most other models. That can help you take action before and use that fractional extra time which might save several lives.
Bluetooth connectivity lets it connect to your smartphone via the Connect App and send text notifications in case of an event. An IP68 rating makes it waterproof and dustproof. And it is even after an hour in 2m deep water your device would be working fine.
- It’s so rugged in nature that it can certainly bear a 25-foot drop.
- It is designed to give real-time updates.
- Comes with a lithium polymer battery.
2. FORENSICS DETECTORS Hydrogen Sulfide H2S Monitors
Forensics Detectors has integrated innovation and affordability to produce this inexpensive, yet high-quality H2S monitor for you. It has good build quality with LED alarms on either side. Along with sound and vibration alarm, so that you can alert at least in some way in a hazy condition.
Furthermore, the display also shows your values regarding H2S concentration, time, temperature and more in easy to read big fonts.
- Sensor lasts for 2 years.
- Has a detection resolution of 0.1 ppm.
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery that gives you 10 continuous hours of use on a single charge.
1. Gas Clip Technologies MGC Multi-Gas Clip 4-Gas Monitor
Gas Clip Technologies brings you yet another marvellous product that can detect various harmful gases which include the deadly H2S. It works with batteries that give it a runtime of 2 months. For 2 months your workers can use this device continuously without recharging or replacing the batteries. This instrument is capable of detecting not just H2S, but oxygen levels, carbon monoxide that can lead to poisoning. Plus, it is even effective in detecting gases which are highly combustible(LEL).
If you use the device conservatively and shut it down when you aren’t at work then it can last for as long as 120 days. Unlike other manufacturers, this device uses a sensor which is independent of oxygen. So it can rather detect combustible gases even when your workers are in an inert environment. As a matter of fact, maintenance is hassle-free as well since it comes with a calibration certificate. And has a calibration cycle of half a year.
- Can work within the temperature range of -4°F to 122°F.
- Capable of logging 25 events, bump tests and calibrations.
Track and monitor the level of gases through accurate H2S monitors. It’s always better to take the right precautions in order to avoid accidents.