If you want to spend some significant time in the great outdoors, you definitely can’t do that without a camping tent. With a good tent, you can be sure your experience will be full of fun, simple and cost-friendly. Whether you are a passive camping enthusiast or a pro in the game, there are some factors you need to consider before spending your hard-earned bucks on a camping tent. Camping tents come in different designs, sizes and definitely have a considerable wide range of prices.
All it takes to make the right decision is to access your needs before finally going for that camping tent that won’t disappoint you while you’re away from home. If you are reading this, you can count yourself lucky because we just made your work a whole lot easier. We have done our extensive and intensive research, tested several top-rated models and finally put together a list of Top 10 Best Camping Tents. Hope you find this helpful?
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Family Camping Tents Reviews
- 10. Coleman Dome 2-Person Tent for Camping – Sundome Tent with Easy Setup
- 9. Coleman Cabin Tent for Camping Sets with Instant Setup
- 8. Toogh 3-4 Person Waterproof Camping Backpacking Tents – Pop-Up Tent Camping Sun Shelters
- 7. E-Z UP CC10SLSP Outdoor Cube Camping Tent
- 6. Wnnideo Instant Family Automatic Pop-up Tents Waterproof Tent for Outdoor Camping, Travel & Beach
- 5. Coleman Montana 8-Person Camping Tent
- 4. Kodiak Canvas Flex-Bow Deluxe 8-Person Tent for Camping
- 3. Browning Camping Big Horn Family & Hunting Tent
- 2. Wenzel 8-Person Klondike Tent Camping
- 1. CORE 9-Person Extended Dome Camping Tent
Table of the Best Family Camping Tents Reviews
10. Coleman Dome 2-Person Tent for Camping – Sundome Tent with Easy Setup
The Coleman Sundome is everything you need for a luxurious outdoor experience. There are plenty of cool features that lack in more expensive models out there. To start with, this is a 2-person tent that can comfortably house 6 camping enthusiasts. It features heavy-duty 1000D polyethylene bathtub floor guaranteeing users reliable durability even in wet conditions.
Plus, this tent also boasts welded leakproof seams. Most impressive are the two doors, one at the back and one in the front that works like normal home doors. Even better is the efficient CREE LED lighting system that has 3 modes and can be controlled by a handy illuminated wall switch. There is no fumbling with zippers here, everything is smooth.
Most importantly, this model has fly hoods that allow camp enthusiasts to have a clear view of the surrounding and enjoy fresh air even when it is raining. Other prominent features include the zippered electrical access port for AC power, built-in spring that coils up and rolls the fabric and the easy to set up shock-corded fibreglass frame.
- Includes two doors, one at the back and the front
- Easy to use hinged doors operate like home doors
- Sleeps 6 person tent
- Heavy duty 1000D polyethylene bathtub floor
- Factory-taped main fly seams
- Efficient LED lighting system
9. Coleman Cabin Tent for Camping Sets with Instant Setup
This is another beast that will make your life in the great outdoors convenient. The most distinctive feature of this unit is the pre-attached pole design that allows for hassle-free setting up of this tent. Unbelievably, putting this tent together lasts less than a minute. You will be amazed by the WeatherTec system that integrates inverted seams and the patented welded floors both which keep everything inside dry.
Plus, the integrated rainfly allows for free air circulation and a view of the surrounding even when it is raining without extra setups. Additionally, Coleman Instant Cabin Tent features a rugged polyguard 2X double-thick fabric designed to withstand extreme outdoor conditions. It takes an unbelievably short time, less than a minute, to set up this tent. There is room for one queen airbed in this unit.
- Features 150D Polyester taped seams
- WeatherTec system
- Rugged polyguard 2X double-thick fabric
- Darkroom technology that only lets in 10% of the sunlight
- Easy to transport and store with the included carrying bag
8. Toogh 3-4 Person Waterproof Camping Backpacking Tents – Pop-Up Tent Camping Sun Shelters
If you go for the genuine Toogh 3-4 Person Camping Tent, you can be sure nothing will disappoint you in the great outdoors. It features a high-quality waterproof level 3000mm fabric plus reinforcement of silicone coating. When you finally land in your favourite spot, it will take you less than 60 seconds to get the entire setup ready. There are two doors and a mesh window that let in a fresh breeze.
If mosquito bites is a thorn in your flesh, the extremely dense mosquito net keeps the threat away. You will love the stability of this tent even when it is extremely windy and rain, courtesy of the six angle design. Apart from having an ultra-strong fabric, this unit also features a waterproof level 10000mm level floor.
- Features six angle design for more stability
- Includes a dense mosquito net
- The waterproof fabric of level 3000mm
- Durable 210D Oxford fabric
- Easy and quick to set up
7. E-Z UP CC10SLSP Outdoor Cube Camping Tent
The E-Z Outdoor Camping Tent is more of a style rather than a product. Those who love to go the E-Z style know how this unit can quickly transform your 10 foot by 10-foot shelter into a new space for up to 6 camping enthusiasts. This cube measures 111” L x 111” W x 76” H and can only be used on Enterprise, Pyramid, Vantage and Eclipse shelter models. With the specifically designed hook, heavy-duty clips and the loop closures, you will take seconds to set up this tent.
More incredible is the oversized screened door, large screened widow and the vented roof, a combination that ensures there is a steady flow of air even when the sun is blazing hot. Unlike other models, this tent blocks 99% of harmful UV rays. It is pretty spacious and easy to set up.
- Oversized entry door for easy access
- O-ring attachment points for lights
- Has multiple interior storage pouches
- Tub-style waterproof flooring
- Excellent air flow
6. Wnnideo Instant Family Automatic Pop-up Tents Waterproof Tent for Outdoor Camping, Travel & Beach
This is another amazing automatic pop-up tent that will give you a bedroom-like experience. It is super easy to set up and can accommodate up to 4 adults. Boasting the welding-inspired technology, this unit uses a highly waterproof Oxford fabric. The fabric has a coefficient of 3000mm and is designed to withstand all harsh elements in the outdoors. Plus, the guy-out triangle and the redesigned poles make this tent more wind-responsive.
There are two mesh screen doors, four detachable mesh screens, and the top three screens, a combination that offers excellent ventilation. A uniquely designed shoulder carrying bag with two plastic buckles is included for convenient storage and transportation. Overall, this tent makes the best bang for the bucks when you want to have a long family excursion or go on a camping trip.
- Handy storage bag included
- Water-resistant polyester fabric
- Excellent air ventilation and breathability
- 6-person tent
5. Coleman Montana 8-Person Camping Tent
Coleman is always at the top of the competition and it has done it again with the Montana 8-Person Blue Tent. With a modified dome structure, this tent is easy to set up. Robust features include the patented WeatherTec System and the welded and inverted seams that keep camping enthusiasts dry all times. It is a great choice for beginners and family car campers. Additionally, this tent has reverse angled windows so as to keep the water out.
At the centre of this tent, the height is 74-inch implying several folks can find luxury accommodation here. In order to provide extra weather protection, this tent features door awning. When settled in your tent, make use of the E-port to access electrical power. High-quality components include the 11-millimetre fibreglass poles and polyester fibre. Access is a breeze with the hinged doors.
- Easy access hinged doors
- Angled windows for better circulation when it is raining
- E-port for access to power
- Features modified dome-structure
- Easy and quick to set up
4. Kodiak Canvas Flex-Bow Deluxe 8-Person Tent for Camping
For those that want a tent with walk-around comfort, this rugged camping tent makes a great choice. It has an accommodative height of 6’6” at the ceiling. Made from watertight, durable and breathable hydra-shield cotton canvas, Kodiak is suitable for all-season camping needs. Plus, the silicone finish makes this tent waterproof without compromising on breathability. The floor is also watertight and is made of puncture-resistant 16oz vinyl.
There are two large D-shaped doors, one at the back and one in the front that improve ventilation. Plus, there are two funnel-flow vents that aid in temperature management. Quality and easy-to-quality YKK zippers allow for convenient access and exit. Even more impressive is the gear loft that provides space for storing small top gears.
- Excellent air flow with two funnel-flow vents
- Center ceiling height of 6’6”
- Durable and watertight 100% cotton canvas
- Four large windows and two D-shaped doors
3. Browning Camping Big Horn Family & Hunting Tent
The Big Browning Tent is a favourite of many, especially for its roomy design. It is one among the rare models that feature a wall divide at the centre and has six large windows to keep the air flowing. When not one of your buddies doesn’t want to be left behind during that long-awaited outdoor adventure, this house makes a great deal. There is room for your extra gear, sleeping bags, and other personal items.
The steep uprights and the fibreglass poles keep this free tent standing upright and stable. Even when the weather gets messy, your experience won’t be compromised owing to the protective awning over each door plus the factory-sealed seams. Overall, this is great for an entire family or groups.
- Very spacious
- Plenty of storage pouches
- Two room design
- Extra tall height at the centre
- Awesome weather protection awnings
2. Wenzel 8-Person Klondike Tent Camping
I would honestly say, there is a lot of creativity in the design of this Wenzel Klondike Tent. Suitable for family use, this tent can comfortably house up to 8 persons or even more when utilized properly. It has two major sections, the first is the 98 square feet divide that can house five people and the second is the 60 square foot screen that can house 3 people. Most impressive is the attached screen section that is very handy when a family wants to sunbathe, take a meal or just relax.
The two mesh windows and the mesh roof offer excellent ventilation without letting in any bugs. Another major plus for this tent is the weathered armour polyester fabric reinforced with polyurethane water-resistant coating. You can be sure your family will be dry and safe throughout. In addition, there are lap-felled seams and other superiorly designed water repellency applications.
- Power corners for greater stability
- Water-repellant zippers and threads
- Measures 16 feet by 11 feet
- Has a screen section
- Constructed of water-repellent polyester
1. CORE 9-Person Extended Dome Camping Tent
This was designed for those folks who love the views owing to the fact that this tent has a well-designed mesh ceiling panels. Plus, it has plenty of room and can accommodate up to 9 people. One aspect that is loved by many is the CORE H2O Block Technology that ensures water and rain do not stand a chance here. The interior design is great with plenty of movement freedom.
Actually, this unit can fit up to three large air mattresses. You can conveniently access power from outside via the electric cord access point. When it is raining, the removable rainfly comes in handy. There is plenty of hooks, pockets and gear loft where you can store smaller items and keep the entire tent organized.
- Great 16’ X 9” floor plan
- Ideal for views
- H2O Blocking Technology
- Removable rainfly
- Excellent venting