Whether you are grilling vegetables or meat, the cast iron grill pans always add a nice texture. It even enhances a unique taste to your grilled culinary delicacies. The pans are easy to wash and maintain. Plus, you will be able to use them as you want. So, you can obviously understand how valuable they are to your cooking. However, when it comes to buying, even the seasoned cooks find it difficult to make the right buying choice. This difficulty that people face day to day inspired to prepare this list.
In this list, we have identified the top-rated cast iron grill pans available in the market after thorough research. We have also reviewed them in quite a detail. So, do not hinder any longer; select the one and have fun cooking.
Table of Contents
- Table of the Best Cast Iron Grill Pans Reviews
- 10. Lodge Square Cast Iron Grill Pan – Pre-seasoned Grill Pan for Grilling Bacon
- 9. Lodge LPGI3 Pro-Grid Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle Pan with Handles
- 8. Victoria Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Square Grill Pan – Grilling Pan with Handle
- 7. Lodge Square Cast Iron Grill Pan with Dual Handles
- 6. Bruntmor Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Reversible Grill & Griddle Pan
- 5. Lodge LSRG3 Cast Iron Single-Burner Reversible Grill & Griddle
- 4. Legend Cast Iron Griddle for Gas Stovetop
- 3. Calphalon Contemporary Aluminum Nonstick Cookware & Square Grill
- 2. Sprite Beat Cast Iron Cast Iron Skillet for Stovetop
- 1. Cuisinart Hard-Anodized Nonstick Square Grill Pan
Table of the Best Cast Iron Grill Pans Reviews
10. Lodge Square Cast Iron Grill Pan – Pre-seasoned Grill Pan for Grilling Bacon
The Lodge is more than a century old brand. And have accumulated experience throughout their long history to craft some of the best cookware after countless trial and errors. It is a renowned brand that has made thousands of kitchens throughout the world more efficient. This classic cast iron grill pan is a kitchen-equipment which is timeless and versatile. You can bake, sauté, fry, grill, broil and do a lot more with this pan. It is made from a superior grade cast iron. Plus, it is sturdy and rough enough to be your kitchen companion for decades.
Furthermore, the 10.5-inch square shape gives you a lot of room for large ingredients. Due to the square shape, no space is wasted. Everything from chicken breasts and steaks to mushrooms and fish is grilled in this pan with ease. It is also seasoned with natural ingredients like vegetable oil instead of harmful chemicals or synthetic products. So nothing suspicious enters your diet when you use this cast iron pan from Lodge.
- Made through craftsmanship that has trickled down from one generation to another through decades in the US.
- Weighs around 6 and a half pounds.
- Grill ribs hold the food in an elevated position. Hence, you can collect the flavoured drippings or separate them for a healthier meal.
9. Lodge LPGI3 Pro-Grid Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle Pan with Handles
Marvellous reversible cast iron grill pan from Lodge that has all the features it needs to be an all-rounder. Indeed a perfect solution for both indoor and outdoor cooking conditions. It has a huge cooking surface that is a bit smaller than 200-square inches. This size allows throwing a huge grilling party and is adequately sized to cover up to two burners on the stove.
It is certainly made from the reliable manufacturing techniques of Lodge. Also, cared for, by their skilled craftsmen, this plate is super tough and highly resilient. You won’t be bored with it anytime soon. As a matter of fact, it would last you might even find yourself passing this plate to the next generation. This plate is really unique since it has a reversible side. On one side you can cook premium ribs, steaks, chicken breasts and more with the distinct grill marks. However, on the flat side, you can cook sunny side up eggs, sauté vegetables, mushrooms, tofu and more.
This makes it convenient kitchen equipment that saves your money that you would spend on an extra pan. If you are worried about the dripping grease, then you would find the design of this plate really helpful. It is slightly angled to naturally direct all the grease towards the grease gutter built into the plate.
- Has handles on either side for easily lifting the plate up with all the food still sizzling on it.
- Weighs around 16 pounds.
- Features a non-stick surface.
8. Victoria Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Square Grill Pan – Grilling Pan with Handle
Cast iron skillets and pans are great for cooking but without proper manoeuvrability, you cannot reap the full benefits. This square cast iron grill pan from Victoria has a long handle which is curved. Thus, it is right to fit nicely in your hand. It allows you to control the pan freely and toss or shake it to your needs for optimum cooking results.
Moreover, you can freely use it in any surface namely induction, camping, gas etc. For making it extremely durable, it uses commercial material.
- Seasoned with flaxseed oil that doesn’t come from GMO produce.
- 10-inch pan has an adequate cooking area for all your needs.
- Holders add to the convenience of carrying.
7. Lodge Square Cast Iron Grill Pan with Dual Handles
Your food wouldn’t be sticking to this pan if you just pre-brush it very lightly. It has a bit of vegetable oil or fat due to the pre-seasoning of this grill pan. Even there is a 12-inch long surface. Indeed, it gives you enough space to grill and dry loads of food for you and your family.
However, the speciality of this product is in its heat distribution capacity. Also, it will lock the heat and facilitate the creation of juicy delicacies. The black patina is actually the result of the factory seasoning process. It has sloped sides and the handles ease the process of transporting it from one place to another.
- The flat surface makes it suitable for use on induction ovens.
- Easily washed and dried with hand.
- The pre-seasoned cast iron grill pan is absolutely free of any sort of chemicals.
6. Bruntmor Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Reversible Grill & Griddle Pan
Not just the kitchen stove, you can also use it on an induction oven or above the campfire. Compared to its massive dimensions and the cooking surface of around 200-square inches, it is very lightweight. So you don’t have to go through too much trouble when you serve your hot food from this grill.
Plus, for extra usage, this pan has a reversible design. It has a griddle design on one side whereas the other side is completely smooth. Thus, giving you the liberty to experiment fully. Apart from uniform heat distribution, it also traps the necessary heat successfully. Having two handles, you can just carry it to your desired location.
- Affordable and easy to use.
- Promising durability.
- Seasoned with natural vegetable oil and free from synthetic coatings.
5. Lodge LSRG3 Cast Iron Single-Burner Reversible Grill & Griddle
Lodge always creates the best-cast iron cookware. This griddle manages to keep up the brand’s reputation and speaks volumes for its reliability. It has a flat side for frying, broiling, sautéing and a grilled side for getting steaks and burger patties done. You also get convenient handles on the diagonals for lifting the hot and sizzling food and transferring to the table.
Besides, it has a size of 10.5-inches; you can just simply wash it with your hand. Cook anything you want, flip it and hang it whenever not in use.
- Best for use on a single burner of your stove top.
- Weighs just over 2 pounds.
- Very tough and durable.
4. Legend Cast Iron Griddle for Gas Stovetop
The reversible side really sets this griddle apart from the rest. You can fry or sauté a ton of ingredients on its large flat cooking surface. Everything from eggs and bacon to pancakes! The grilled surface is used for grilling rich proteins to bring out their amazing flavour. For full security, it has made use of pure as well as high-quality steel along with iron to make a solid cast.
Nevertheless, it is indeed a classic piece that has a modern touch. The cast iron grill pan with handles offer a firm grip. But the pan has a huge size. It measures 20-inches and can cook for many at a single time.
- Side handles for ease of carrying.
- Curved edges act as a grease reservoir.
- A reversible design.
3. Calphalon Contemporary Aluminum Nonstick Cookware & Square Grill
With hard anodized aluminium construction, this pan is tougher and thermally much more efficient than stainless steel cookware. You get a total of three-layered coating that gives it its high-durability and the non-stick cooking surface. But unlike other manufacturers, Calphalon doesn’t use harmful substances and thus you get cookware that is free from PFOE.
A dishwasher safe product, it features stainless steel handles that are pretty long. The deep ridges maintain the authenticity of this product. It is of 11-inches and hassle-free cleaning process makes it top-notch. Finally, the sturdy exterior makes it amazing in all ways.
- Stay cool handle.
- Safe if washed in the dishwasher.
- Safe for use in the oven till 450-degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Sprite Beat Cast Iron Cast Iron Skillet for Stovetop
Sprite Beat brings you an exciting deal that would be almost impossible to be outmatched by the competition. At the price of one, you get to well-crafted cookware made from high-quality cast iron. Both cookware is fully made from cast iron and doesn’t include any harmful chemicals or synthetic materials. High-quality cast iron can really we reach close to the standards of a non-stick surface. So you don’t have any problems cooking and grilling delicious meals on the all natural surface.
The chemical coating can react to heat and get imbued with food which on entering your system can lead to illnesses. With these all natural cast iron cookware, you won’t be facing those problems. The two cookware includes one square 12-inch grilling pan and around 10 and quarter inch skillet. Hence you can cook up various ingredients including eggs, pancakes and even bake pies on the round skillet. While you can grill your favourite protein on the square grill pan. They also have two contours on either side. Thus, you can easily pour out the drippings or any other liquid dishes like soups and sauces.
- Handles have a teardrop shaped cut out which lets you hang the cookware on hooks in your kitchen.
- As a bonus, you get one wooden spatula and two high insulation handle holders.
- Being seasoned with vegetable oil it gets better with every use.
1. Cuisinart Hard-Anodized Nonstick Square Grill Pan
Cuisinart is going green with brand new manufacturing techniques. These are as good for the environment as it is for your cooking. These manufacturing processes emit fewer carbon emissions since they use less energy. It uses a naturally occurring material that is free from petroleum. Unlike materials like Teflon which is harmful to your body, this Cuisinart pan is coated with ceramic.
As a matter of fact, Cuisinart also uses packaging made from recycled materials like ink made from soy. And even the handle is mostly made from recycled stainless steel. You would love this cookware regardless if you are a home cook or a professional chef. It is all cause of its high-quality and heat retention capabilities. Compared to grill pans from other manufacturers, you will find this pan’s heating up faster. It is thermally more efficient providing quicker cooking time.
Furthermore, it can also directly go into the oven and is used for broiling as well. The handle also has a unique v-shape at the connection point. It dissipates heat quickly to keep the handle cool and not burn your hand. If you are wondering about its quick heating capabilities, the answer lies in the hard anodized surface on the sides and bottom.
- Free from harmful and damaging PTFE and PFOA.
- The non-stick coating is scratch resistant and has negligible chances of getting peeled off
- The stainless steel handle is satin brushed and contoured to take an ergonomic shape for better grip and manoeuvrability.
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
Healthy and professional-like cooking! Buy a cast iron grill pan if you are looking for quality over quantity.